From: CHSS Grad Directors <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Susan A. Turriziani <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, March 12, 2020 10:14 AM
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: DISSERTATION DEFENSE INFORMATION

Good Morning,

Many doctoral students have scheduled defenses for the next few weeks and departments are asking how they should proceed.

I have contacted the office of the Associate Provost for Graduate Education and was told as long as it’s not considered a large gathering, the dissertations can take place on campus if all committee members and  the student are healthy.  If the student would like to invite family and friends, you may have advise against it.  Small groups are preferable.

Exceptions can be made If you feel more comfortable moving the defense to a location off campus.

I’m still working on the signature sheet portion of the process and have contacted Sally Evans in the library.

I will contact you when I have more information to share.

Best,

Susan