Dear Catholic Patriots,

Obviously, everything happening with the coronavirus has caused a lot of uncertainty and disruption. On the one hand, it's a serious concern, so all of us need to take responsibility for doing our part in helping to slow the spread of the coronavirus. On the other hand, as people of faith, we can deal with inconveniences, accept sacrifices, and adapt to changes with the peaceful confidence that comes from relying on God's care for us.

With all this in mind, we have been putting careful thought into how to adjust our schedule and events. We will send updates as we learn more from the university and the diocese concerning decisions that affect us. Things can change quickly, so stay tuned. Also, please review the Diocese of Arlington's recent letter<https://secure-web.cisco.com/1toAW-5Yl0Ygml5mHoYgWtbcB5qDGBV0a6Uj-4r7Ic5H5vTA_4kBI2ixbqx3JM-CbWCnj4_omkXf8m_zXN1xUwEjyUXuOOWQFL-uAfV9ApmaeKcIcfhbHp3apzFEwcgtBBjHlfmeLO04IFehPcP1BQrXx61LXkhkSVtYqmVC0i4Q7jALjhOKwJeQzCaANV2moGQk2ufnyPRlRFKMbuR1azsJhbtDVI61r9Vw6U_CoY5tWdvybGuIy2c6ahAz3pPh3Q_0t0uXP2j9P1Q5F5fbzqml2zW9ikcmTw92jejCaW-u_mb6m9rrrLIYCO80nMODVnKIAvC0QLl0h8sfLnP8Elr4MwvXVYOuscqA2AjSwxwWKVeTARAxNnNLMEMfhsiqvQwuFAtw4AwjSUiZb03-7gyG_IS_ifQ6SH-ud4KpP3wc6LEI5kd64f4iOOwnisUzq/https%3A%2F%2Fwww.arlingtondiocese.org%2Fpress-releases%2F2020%2Fupdated-diocese-of-arlington-response-to-concerns-of-the-coronavirus> regarding changes to the liturgy, cancellation of Diocesan events, and a dispensation from Sunday Mass obligation for vulnerable populations.

For now, due to GMU's decision to extend spring break, we are announcing the following:

  *   There will be no 9:00 PM Student Mass on Sunday, March 15 (other weekend Masses and confessions are unchanged).
  *   All events March 16 - 20 are cancelled, including Mass and confession times.
  *   The chapel will be open during business hours. If you have a particular need, please contact a staff member or call the office (703-425-0022).
  *   If you experience any signs of illness, stay home. This is not a time to tough it out, and it's an act of kindness to avoid putting other people's health at risk.

Please take a moment right now to pray for everyone who is sick and for the people who are working to prevent the spread of the coronavirus. Let's entrust all of this to our loving Father. God bless you!

Sincerely,
The CCM Staff