On behalf of university career services:

Dear VSE Faculty and Staff,

University Career Services (UCS) is pleased to share a few updates with you as the academic year gets into full swing.

  1.  The Career Services office in Volgenau is located in Room 2800. Our Office in Volgenau is staffed Monday through Friday by one of the two industry advisors. Ann Garner<https://www.linkedin.com/in/garnerann/> is the Industry Advisor for Information Technology, Software Engineering and Cyber.  Dorothy Hayden<https://www.linkedin.com/in/dorothyhayden/> is the Industry Advisor for Engineering, Manufacturing Transportation, and Construction. Drop-in Hours are Mondays and Thursdays from 2:30-4:30PM. Students can also set up an appointment with their industry advisor through Handshake.<http://secure-web.cisco.com/1rSOMkZ5Q6nafcAAgfHBdSS6CuOLJiV3cxVB_3cfgrIE4vMKowfjm1eZ86L9aFaEDmrsqY4_UuN2ZqBJ5JJmWexhyCKju6byecplFyKp3IZ_gKsppkWtM8zwyrSJ1GNitWR-YowII0KuiNJ2fKZe0Mm1h9de46CwhRnkqlPa4UyoR7WZFL4KkjjFWLVtXswfFehqrJGYHqSfO-m_XCyMHesN5A9UKnRv3BuEOZOGFKGMzotIYO0onNT_aCSdXv2ipu0PRGgkylFdSTMtRxp72ILKg1r-iqk2mwVw54cIEIB39xhzKfR6OFTxSjBHfeGpPkMTyAomzPMuVZOp9y6T40-Ob664ccypXo6-QjRoGp_-SqHVRObpW2fqzqc8_Bwlqe90CrxOBSsnQQDsNpeVDC0ZnwmkxmXwW0UROgz7aKfxTdleh4DfJYeCOkatmo3TZ0lEDOgJ1YTfwELErN4G-Gw/http%3A%2F%2Fgmu.joinhandshake.com%2F>
  2.  Clearance Ready Program for Mason Students.  An article<https://www2.gmu.edu/news/578901> was recently featured in the George about UCS's Clearance Ready Program. This program is designed to educate students on the steps they need to take to prepare for cleared internships and employment. Workshops are co-facilitated by UCS staff and an employer partner who hires cleared students. Students who complete the program requirements are invited to an end of the year networking event where they can meet up with all of the employers working with the Clearance Ready Program. To view the list of upcoming events, please see the attached PDF.
  3.  Employers Recruiting at Mason: Finally we want to share that we have a number of employers coming to campus to recruit technology and engineering students. Many of the employers are moving their recruitment from the spring to the fall semester. Please encourage your students to attend our upcoming events. We've attached a PDF of our major events coming up this fall. Students can find a full list of employers coming to campus. We would like to highlight a few coming to campus:
     *   Google
     *   CoStar Group
     *   Northrop Grumman
     *   CAE Group
     *   ECS Limited
     *   GDIT
     *   MicroStrategy

We appreciate the support and partnership of the VSE faculty in preparing career-ready graduates at Mason. VSE faculty provide excellent resources and employment connections to students. We look forward to continuing our partnership in support of students, and hope you will share the information we have provided with your students. If you'd like additional information on how to support career ready graduates at Mason, consider joining the "Career Influencers Network" where we can equip you with career development tools to support your students. Here is a link with more information -  https://careers.gmu.edu/faculty/career-influencers-network

-------------------------
Dorothy Hayden & Ann Garner
George Mason University | University Career Services

Elizabeth P. Dean, CMP
Special Assistant to the Dean
Volgenau School of Engineering
George Mason University