Hi Rob, Zach, and Sam,
I’m forwarding this announcement in case you want to send it your respective grad student listservs.
From: Mason Academic Advisor Network <[log in to unmask]>
On Behalf Of Erika Marquina
Sent: Tuesday, August 20, 2019 9:40 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Hiring 2 part-time positions for graduate students
Please consider sharing with your graduate students these interesting and engaging part-time positions at Mason. Both are great for grad students, have fairly flexible hours and start immediately. For primary consideration, apply by Wednesday, August 22.
Both positions are posted in Mason’s “Handshake” system: to create or access your Handshake account, got to https://careers.gmu.edu/handshake
1) Program Coordinator for “Arlington Fellows” program. Part-time job opportunity spilt between Fairfax and Arlington campuses. Job description and application can be found on the Handshake website: #2899180 Program Coordinator, Arlington Semester Program. For a description of the Arlington Fellows Programs, see http://fellows.gmu.edu.
Duties and Responsibilities
This is a part-time, wage position for 15 hours per week.
For full consideration, applicants must apply through Handshake; Upload a brief cover letter, resume, and names of two references with their contact information.
• Exceptional written and oral communication and interpersonal skills, including a collaborative and team‐oriented work style;
• Ability to multitask in a changing, dynamic environment;
• Experience developing positive relationships and partnerships;
• Demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint; and Blackboard
• Master’s degree (or pursuit of) in social sciences or humanities, higher education, or an equivalent combination of education and experience is strongly preferred;
• Experience in higher education or advising to college students
• Ability to work with diverse populations
Questions? Email Mary Denlinger: [log in to unmask]
2) Part-time academic advisor in Global Affairs. Job description and application can be found on the Handshake website: #2958632 Part-time Academic Advisor.
The Global Affairs Program in the College of Humanities and Social Sciences at George Mason University seeks to hire an organized, energetic, self-motivated individual to work approximately 10-15 hours per week as an undergraduate academic advisor. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason’s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Direct any questions to Sara Mitcho, [log in to unmask].
Responsibilities will include:
Global Affairs Program
George Mason University
[log in to unmask]