When working with an unfamiliar library, I find it helpful to start with a
working example. Then I can try to modify the example to suit my needs.
Even if it fails, it gives me information on what the next step is or lets
me pose a specific question I can investigate further. Could you use one of
the examples included in the repo and modify it? That way you could
incrementally transform it and have something working at every point.