Hi Mark,

I haven't work with ERCs, but I expect that you can solve your problem by reaching into the EvolutionState object:

The EvolutionState has a reference to your Problem: state.evaluator.p_problem.  So you don't need to create custom EvolutionState fields: any method that has a reference to state can access your problem and the data associated with it.  We do this, for example, for TSP: ec.app.tsp.TSPProblem dynamically loads a description of a TSP problem from a file, and other parts of ECJ access it by making calls to state.evaluator.p_problem.

Thanks,
Eric