All

Last year the university implemented a new policy that offers an opportunity for faculty with 9-month appointments to temporarily become 12-month faculty for a year at a time. This gives the faculty member the opportunity to earn full contributions towards their retirement during the summer and collect a full 3 months of additional salary. However they are required to cover the additional 3 months of salary plus the associated fringe from sponsored research.   The appointments  run from 8/25/19 until 8/24/20.   Anyone who is currently on an 12 month research extended appointment must make a request for the upcoming year.  The appointment does not automatically continue.

Attached are both the VSE procedure document for requesting a 12 month research extended appointment along with the request form.

All requests must be submitted to me no later than August 2, 2019 for review and approval.

Please let me know if you have any questions about the process or the form.

Thanks
Kim

Kim Goodwin-Slater
Director of Finance