Good Afternoon All,
Please see email correspondence below regarding annual formal evaluation on your PhD program progress sent on behalf of Dr. Blackwell.
Academic Program Assistant
Department of Bioengineering
3100 Peterson Family Health Services Hall
Hello All PhD Students:
It's that time of year again... time for the Bioengineering faculty to do a formal evaluation of the progress of doctoral students.
This yearly review of doctoral students in the program allows us to make sure everyone is on track, and to help us make decisions about scholarship/TA/GRA fund allocation. To help us with your evaluation, please prepare a brief progress report that covers the points below and submit it, together with you latest CV, to Professor Blackwell [log in to unmask] by May 30. If anyone would like to discuss their current situation in person, please email Professor Blackwell separately to make an appointment.
1. Courses taken during both semesters of this past year: Fall 2018 - Spring 2019, with grades.
2. One paragraph description of the research you have engaged in during this year.
3. Results of qualifying exam or defense of doctoral research proposal (if appropriate).
<![if !supportLists]>· <![endif]>If you have not yet taken qualifier, provide proposed date
<![if !supportLists]>· <![endif]>If you have not yet submitted your proposal, provide proposed date
4. Talks or posters presented at professional society meetings or in departmental colloquia; attendance at professional meetings.
5. Publications, manuscripts submitted for publication during the year, and/or manuscripts in progress during the year.
6. If applicable: Classes, labs and/or recitations taught through either (A) a teaching assistantship (course name and number), (B) Assistant Instructor (course name and number), or (C) supervision of undergraduate Bioengineering senior design team.
***First year students: Please complete and attach the form listing members of your dissertation committee if you haven't done this yet.
***Second year students: You should have completed your qualifying exam, and completed your Program of Study in consultation with your committee. Please finish both of these by the end of the summer if you have not.
***Third/Fourth year students: you should have finished your dissertation proposal, and advanced to candidacy. Students who have not done so should provide a written justification and timeline for advancement to candidacy.
***Fifth year (and higher) students: please provide a brief plan for remaining time to completion, including anticipated date (i.e. semester) of dissertation defense.