In one of my models, I implement the interface Propertied, returning a Properties object.  This allows me to use inpectors with agents each of which is implemented by a series of objects one at a time.  I can then double-click on an agent in the GUI and see the field values of the agent change as the simulation progresses, even though there is actually a different object containing the data in each time step.

To subclass Properties I'm supposed to have a getDescription method, but the returned strings don't seem to be used.  getDescription is called when I inspect an agent--if I stick print statements in it, they fire--but I don't see any other effect of this method.  The manual mentions there will be popup tooltips, but this is in a different context, where one is defining bean properties directly and defines a desXyz method to return a string description.

It's conceivable that something is getting messed up because of a conflict between Clojure's and MASON's assumptions; I use MASON with Clojure rather than Java.   There is another case in which I'm pretty sure that Clojure is getting confused by MASON, but it's not important, and I haven't though it worth trying to ask for help.  However, I don't think this is a Clojure issue, because I don't see tooltips on any of the built-in sample models I've looked at, either (but I have only checked a few).

Should I be seeing tooltips over the field names when I inspect an agent?  If this is not supposed to work, that's no problem for me.  It would be slightly more convenient to skip providing a distinct description for each field, so if the descriptions aren't going to be used anyway, I can make getDescription return an empty string in all cases.

Thanks much-

Marshall

Marshall Abrams, Associate Professor
Department of Philosophy, University of Alabama at Birmingham
Email: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>; Phone: (205) 996-7483;  Fax: (205) 975-6610
Mail: HB 414A, 900 13th Street South, Birmingham, AL 35294-1260;  Office: HB 418
Website: http://secure-web.cisco.com/1pHfVLSyxsJ3lvpIKC1MQUmv9DFyqdrnY1wJ1dufQrWv5D70g7CDTkpuhuKnE47jdvwpoSsQvMICjqK86gFXxDPu-fW2q8MPuV4q8cW4OqmZVuwLb5ft-N8XTetY3aiP8E9CsLIV7YziNAkc16Sx-vg2XhoGosjl4R1HdDU6jAt2hmn1Bo_s_y0c5KD7jp0h7SfYkz8v0wIWp0MflbrxiYpeTIckbgAN1s_dzvrDDM_CmK3P9x085iEPFwxBZCrRXxOXIne_c2NebZZ2GjcPQMcxpd5Ismcpg5fziilukT_inIQKLAhx-S92VV80fPDp4aFQKBl2xhxa2sP9m6wjTmilGT_4snzVxiok6cepgn0qJxAKEDc7GBEIIi1V7tXV2YxQ6fvvzie2BXD-ncImGqVwanXakFOeLqR5hG3VEY_h3HCsG4j38AnQekpQ3KS2Py4cOW94lRWJ1BxjzjmX1BA/http%3A%2F%2Fmembers.logical.net%2F%7Emarshall