FYI

From: College of Science Faculty List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of College of Science
Sent: Tuesday, March 05, 2019 9:15 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Call for applications: Mason Summer Entrepreneurship Accelerator (MSEA)

Mason colleagues,

Thank you for your support for Mason's entrepreneurship programs.

This email is to ask you to remind your entrepreneurial students to apply for the Mason Summer Entrepreneurship Accelerator (MSEA). The application can be found here<https://startup.gmu.edu/entrepreneurial-programs/students/msea-mason-summer-entrepreneurship-accelerator>.

Now in its third year, the MSEA is Mason's signature program for student entrepreneurs. We limit participation to 12 teams (approx. 30-36 students total), and each program participant receives a $3,000 stipend. Modeled around the National Science Foundation's I-Corps Lean Startup program, MSEA requires each participating team to conduct at least 100 customer discovery interviews during the 8-week program. The program is led by Bob Smith, a NSF-certified instructor, and entrepreneurial and faculty mentors assist teams throughout the summer. MSEA participants receive a heavy dose of real-world experiential learning, and MSEA alumni have gone on to launch businesses and take full-time positions with high-growth startups in Northern Virginia and beyond. MSEA is recognized as a high-impact experience within the Mason Impact program.

Attached is a flyer describing MSEA. My team and I would be most grateful if you would print out and post copies around your office and share them liberally with your students. If you have any questions about MSEA or any other entrepreneurship programs at Mason, please let me or Karen Livingston know.

Many thanks,

Sean

Sean Mallon

Associate Vice President for Entrepreneurship and Innovation

George Mason University

703-407-7418 Mobile

703-993-5903 Desk

http://startup.gmu.edu<http://startup.gmu.edu/>

To receive our newsletter, opt-in here: http://secure-web.cisco.com/1xkgGICbxX6WAMGB1aEe9-HidVjLBqIssLKvQFhLpn2vc2jyJTnXKSn3c5zMdU44b3HYrlGC7uUy_NTm1RnQiVavHrjvHukj81PO7HqwRXFOC1kXlJnogiOMKtM2rE3HoEsOtjbPk9wy0KFcKtffhbFlsPPZsDLEC1IvYvoOwUwrhVBvliNLtSMMb9XdTHvnXyoF_Yle7cMLdtbiFPQc7yeirlelJajQL7ir2d1eEQm8IsURUxMdEAaxjFbnCYPxGFp5UEbUf4Vo3WGSa_Y8KpXE-Ctsxc2zwOaF28A7mDUxyzJ6bxR0DK26VFIUP7vqwDOUNkRS_xMpN6rYzuywBTmMeGOt0E5HYa_nnhCRDX3up5ZAGMJXjiNLQdxDy2Vh-BgvJOVpBSErk3PI_Ov3ehNwt489vQJ_mY-Cblg3EzLcUfsM7MemPQ9c1Zw_JNMR9zZ51_vKR1hgYt6NKxd0S7w/http%3A%2F%2Fbit.ly%2FOEInews<http://secure-web.cisco.com/150aUg759JzTx2-Yzi_-jEACk7CzeyEdVloqGyjAXNbm7BrDBa3BekXYRLGR88e1q3wxOzN7WuUb4tXT09DOmmDsnpt6NkvFWK4CTjp2Af6DstcpP2TtM4Ne6FLeFsb51_fw7xclu11VN8hvPHZC7k5CZADyKfkumwRAWlYHvhud3hcdR8DXHJcUh4mcWqH6h7q4uS9BwiAhIWJ3B55YBldwfK9vYvVtxzxZ-Nh51vAob1xOKROUsBXnqlS1O9P7JO806WfowMwPstzA1HJCb_NdE6CecUpGtp1zbaKAepUDRAyuqXXm-ss6uoGHc5VgfmlX2GRrDjCa54eAVM_xJFuBW_UTw-Y27fTUF4Rsq8Tsho9QuE8R0XYgHi7ZFRfryXivRmG3rPHe_-JIyI9ZlPCEOQ5aGJQqGAH4HQvOA8VCSK9GVLPPFikw_V_1746bJsjaIO4BkmgukwpKRNgc1fQ/http%3A%2F%2Fbit.ly%2FOEInews>