On Thu, Feb 14, 2019 at 10:37 AM William G Kennedy <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Annetta,
>
> I noticed a note to myself at my desk this morning. It has 1degree =
> 111.32 Km. So, 1/1000 of a degree (0.001) would be 111.32 meters, not 1.11
> meter.
>
> Right?

Yes, but how about if you were standing near one of the poles.  Is that
still the case?  ;)

*Hopefully*, you're dealing with projected data in a GeoMason simulation so
that the distances between things are more-or-less sane.  That is, the
underlying engine assumes co-planar spatial data, which you definitely
won't have with lat/lon values; this will particularly have an impact on
judging the correct distances between geospatial entities.

One of these days, alas, it'd be nice to have better support for that, but
that's for someone else to investigate.

Cheers!

Mark