Annetta:

This might be obvious, but have you tried putting a breakpoints in at that
method and using the relevant tools in your IDE to see what is going on?
Due to the complexity inherent in ABMs it's not uncommon for bugs to not be
in the obvious spot in the code. The old fashion print statement can also
be really useful when trying to see what is going on (i.e., print to
console when the agent state changes - don't rely upon the inspectors).
Writing a couple unit tests and running them on a simple variation of your
ABM will also help track down the code.

Regards,
Robert Zupko