Join us on Monday, February 25th from 4:00pm-6:00pm for the President’s Freedom and Learning Forum at George Mason University, featuring Cameron Kasky, Activist and Co-Founder of March for Our Lives.

For more info and to RSVP at: http://lead.gmu.edu/freedom/. We anticipate this event to reach capacity, so we are encouraging folks to RSVP as soon as possible.

On February 14, 2018, the lives of the students of Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School were forever changed when a lone gunman committed the deadliest high school shooting in United States history, killing 17 students and staff members and injuring 17 more. In the wake of the tragedy, Cameron Kasky and his fellow classmates recognized that they would not be the last Americans to have the worlds shattered, and that the gun violence epidemic was an issue of national safety. From that day forward, Kasky and other MSD students have implored legislators and citizens alike to answer the call to protect our nation’s children. In an interview with Anderson Cooper, he bluntly stated that "my generation won't stand for this.”

In the days following the shooting, Kasky and several of the other survivors founded the #NeverAgain<https://secure-web.cisco.com/1iHpf4OdvE4UeF93t8v065I7KLx-_FrlgQkrB-Ab5R30vANfIebKK0BC-JNEYxIsS2mVETEEntT6JrySB35k72fe6Ct_oLPH3dOqw3tB-ezwGpnxJJmKpOiryg2yUJ6VIFvmM60eFzmiG3s7vZbNFUALtZZgg-T3XwdWBPXBXoTlsgi1VLx9-T_Ei87YpqEeCsaWWStdbYOB_7niqA4tVCXBwWVQvo_mm7Xm858B4vVz4V969qW9opRS2d-ldzocYEU4Gk4qhiFPca6mlWPMP7svJJcYwNl8d2Y-oEbTH-dNwUwP-PzKeMj7igLqeYxSbFHaIwNV3uuMAqhYxY9cnof5I2pnXNdS1FnZZKzJ-Sx8oGXTYm8XRGAVlA86XT6RL2WofUaEZyZjGJvLzSOJaDW_mASN5XeagxICZnYfbO_TmT3MIDcFNaiRGC9tPaU0ELvz8ZJyT5bnVslGkU-gQsw/https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fhashtag%2Fneveragain%3Fsource%3Dfeed_text%26epa%3DHASHTAG> gun-control movement. They subsequently organized March For Our Lives, which would become one of the largest public demonstrations in American history with over 1 million people filling the streets of Washington, D.C. He and his cadre of classmates have traveled to over 70 cities in more than 20 states around the country on the “Road to Change” tour to advocate for gun control and promote youth engagement in political activism. Kasky has made regular appearances across several media outlets, using his social media channels to keep the issue of gun control in the national conversation and share the life of a young American activist standing tall in the face of fear.

This event is FREE and open to the public.  We anticipate this event to reach capacity, so we are encouraging folks to RSVP as soon as possible. For more info and to RSVP at: http://lead.gmu.edu/freedom/<https://secure-web.cisco.com/1ulMAEV53HTgXb0Kfx5j1x7PNUFoXjVnsQzX1mGjlCbEYWt86m3H0oEbYa9I1nYKOjr7PpcIT6a0ikcVe89kzQT1f_tmdXNpF_L_0eK9t295uWecYwPNVFbLkNTU7X9a2Y24UHs8flbDM5KaBeo2XOQjYEGM0JIFz_WjnCfV5ew8n9K0TZ4cjtd0-55Dv7-GzQOJlQy6T83Rk7QTRpsWT0PX9QCT-9tHmD4oIGxW2_jGo9Mf4tj67r7uvzCsSY5F7FZNVNLqGBATVLzz71x13lsDjcs73RUDqaoFxFt8UKXFb-ZloRB5RmsytaLeMWGUwYJXlhjxqgbAE8p5AP5H5po5_Io2FWe3SNT4MNfv_mx9YQqUwYXlV4iKsHkU2z_QqJbyXx0gsRaAcu8InGlW5Wx3TkawWlY90zX0k6kiH0S1RTYoo4giB_B9BaRCxDd8TBGoQvIr-Onm_55CvODiktg/https%3A%2F%2Fl.facebook.com%2Fl.php%3Fu%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Flead.gmu.edu%252Ffreedom%252F%253Ffbclid%253DIwAR3aJ5pzu8YxY3K4vVRlLAlzQZ5_HQlPYm5Ghkrro9ccw2iHiaBwG23TO3o%26h%3DAT1UuQpWIKukZXq0_2PabvPJTSp9ErEWx0oYMd9B5jduQJHdp8khRUrvUJSX5RZsWDPTPJw42_W7Ghvs5jAYGmmy7vA5Fdyh_t3ItgP51p9TRZ7PZVnk8YvDJAPqdRxGF4gz_wifaSI0EFB0gv66kWqDZvqVs1U>. Questions, contact Lisa Snyder, Associate Director for Leadership Education and Development at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

Sponsored by: The Leadership Education and Development Office, President’s Office, University Life, University Life Programming Committee, and the Parents Fund.

[cid:1f0464c1-9ddb-4423-951d-91f8636365bc]