Thanks you so much.

So I did it wrong. My idea was not to modify the nsga-ii behaviour or to make a new algorithm. I just wanted to modify the behaviour of the tournament selection operator by using another fitness comparator instead of the Pareto dominance. Because of this I thought that I had to extend the MultiObjectiveFitness class.  So, which class would be the right one??

Thanks again for your help,
Adrian.

On Sun, 9 Dec 2018, 23:32 Sean Luke <[log in to unmask] wrote:
If you're using NSGA2, your custom fitness class must be a subclass of NSGA2MultiObjectiveFitness.  Furthermore, NSGA2 has its own way of handling fitness comparisons, so overriding betterThan will deviate from how NSGA2 works: you need to make sure you know what you're doing.

The only reason you'd subclass directly from MultiObjectiveFitness is if you're implementing your own multiobjective optimization algorithm.

Sean