If you're using NSGA2, your custom fitness class must be a subclass of NSGA2MultiObjectiveFitness.  Furthermore, NSGA2 has its own way of handling fitness comparisons, so overriding betterThan will deviate from how NSGA2 works: you need to make sure you know what you're doing.

The only reason you'd subclass directly from MultiObjectiveFitness is if you're implementing your own multiobjective optimization algorithm.

Sean