The History Department at the University of Wisconsin-Madison has opened a search for an Assistant Professor (tenure track) position in the history of technology, with appointment to begin August 2019.

We will consider applicants specializing in any area of the history of technology, with a preference for candidates who could also teach an introductory course in Science and Technology Studies. The ideal candidate will participate in the graduate program in History of Science, Medicine, and Technology within the History Department; will actively engage in the intellectual life of our large history faculty with diverse temporal, geographical, and methodological interests; will embrace departmental commitments to undergraduate and graduate education; and will engage in significant ongoing research and publication. Please see the enclosed job announcement for further details. We would appreciate if you would bring this position to the attention of qualified candidates.

Given your expertise, can you suggest potential candidates whom we should encourage to apply? If so, we would be grateful for any contact information you can provide, such as current affiliation and e-mail address. The UW-Madison is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating and maintaining a diverse and inclusive academic community, so we are especially interested in learning of qualified women and minority candidates.

Please email your suggestions to the attention of Mr. Todd Anderson at [log in to unmask]

We are eager to identify outstanding candidates for this position, and we greatly appreciate any assistance you can provide.  The deadline for all materials, including letters of recommendation, is midnight on Wednesday, November 7.

Sincerely,

Laird Boswell

Professor & Chair