Hi all,

Thank you for the prompt assistance! I've disabled the tests as per Siggy's
suggestion and it all works fine now!

I've been slow to follow up due to lab demands but I'm looking forward to
start using ECJ! (For reference, I'll be using the CARLsim simulator along
with its ECJ interface for parameter-tuning.)

Thanks again!
Vlad

On Fri, Oct 5, 2018 at 5:07 AM Eric 'Siggy' Scott <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Vlad,
>
> You're right—the test instrumentation plugin crashes on a fresh Ubuntu
> install.  I'll try and fix this when I get a chance.
>
> For now, if you want to use Maven, you can get around it by skipping tests:
>
> mvn clean package -DskipTests
>

> Everything else seems to work smoothly on Ubuntu.
>
> Thanks,
> Siggy
>
> On Thu, Oct 4, 2018 at 10:07 AM Eric 'Siggy' Scott <[log in to unmask]>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Vlad,
>>
>> I'll set up a Xubuntu VM this afternoon and see if I can reproduce the
>> problem!
>>
>> We should really be using target 1.6 anyway nowadays, so that's an easy
>> fix—but I'll see if I can figure out what is causing the remaining "100
>> errors"!
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Siggy
>>
>> On Wed, Oct 3, 2018 at 4:45 AM Vladislav Sekulic <
>> [log in to unmask]> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello!
>>>
>>> I am attempting to install ECJ on Ubuntu 18.04 and am encountering a few
>>> problems. I'm using the version checked out from github (26, I believe).
>>>
>>> When installing via the Maven method ("mvn clean package") the install
>>> procedure fails at the tests stage, with a
>>> java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException error, caused by
>>> "java.lang.RuntimeException: Class java/util/UUID could not be