Good Afternoon!

Last year, the CHSS web designers added functionality to all academic departmental websites and, as some of you know, we now we have the ability to include profiles for all of our doctoral students.  These profile pages look similar to the faculty/staff profiles on the website and you will be able to create and edit the content, attach a CV, and post a photo of yourself.  We believe the addition of online profiles will be useful to you when you apply for jobs or fellowships and as a way to share your research with a wider audience.  We also look forward to sharing this information with prospective students who are curious to know about our current student activities.

If you’re interested in posting a profile, please follow these steps to access the appropriate webpage to help you create it:

  1. Click the following web link: https://historyarthistory.gmu.edu/admin
  2. Use your Mason email ID to log in
  3. Type your Mason password
  4. This will take you to the edit page for your bio.  The page contains instructions and a link to an example bio.
  5. Change your bio by filling in or editing the various form fields.
  6. Click “Save” to save your changes.

As far as content goes, there are quite a few fields available that you are welcome and encouraged to fill out, but in order to maintain a cohesive look, the college says it would be ideal if at the minimum each student added a professional-looking photo, their research interests and a few words for their main profile.

Please keep in mind that you are not required to have a profile online.  Also, if you do set one up, you should try to update it at least once a year to make sure it contains current information.

If you have any problems with accessing this page or technical questions about setting up your bio, please send an email to [log in to unmask] for assistance.

Thanks very much,

Emily

https://www2.gmu.edu/sites/all/modules/features/feature_core_theme/templates/resources/images/mason-logo-green.png

Emily Gibson | Graduate Coordinator

History and Art History | College of Humanities and Social Sciences
4400 University Drive, MS 3G1 | Robinson Hall B, Room B354  | Fairfax, VA 22030
phone: 703.993.1248 | fax: 703.993.1251 | email: [log in to unmask]
| web: http://historyarthistory.gmu.edu/

office hours: 8:30am-5:00pm, Monday-Friday