Please see below for information about potential job opportunities at a private school where one of our

BA and MA alums teaches.

From 2009 to 2015, with a year’s break for a Fulbright Fellowship, I called Mason home. I dual-majored in History and Religious Studies for my BA and History (with a teaching concentration) for my MA. For the last three years I have been working at Riverside Military Academy, a premiere  all-boys college preparatory boarding and day school for grades 7-12 in the foothills of north Georgia on Lake Lanier. They are currently accepting applications for teachers for the 2018-2019 school year and I wanted to help bring my alma mater’s best to this fantastic school. Math, Science and English are priority hires, but we are also looking for Art and Social Studies! I will be at GMU to help judge the 2018 CHSS Undergraduate Research Symposium and will be meeting interested applicants from ~4:15-6:30pm in the atrium outside of Dewberry Hall to conduct preliminary interviews. I would encourage those who would like to come by to reach out to me ahead of time, but that is not required. Additionally, interested persons who cannot make that timeframe can email or call me at [log in to unmask] or 703-994-8445 to have any questions answered.

Riverside’s diverse faculty take pride in their academic depth and breadth of knowledge, commitment to the school’s mission and ethos, and the support and pedagogical flexibility offered by the administration. Our most successful teachers are “Renaissance people” with engaging interests and experiences beyond the bounds of academics. Teaching degrees or certifications are not required, but teaching experience or at least a demonstrated interest in working with young people is highly desirable. Graduate degrees are preferred. Though we are a military academy our boys are being prepared for success in life, whatever university, academy or career path that looks like. Many of our most academically gifted students attend the US Service Academies, but we also have a strong fine arts program and send our graduates to a wide range of schools and degree paths, from pre-law to business to theatre. Prior military service, or affiliation with the military, will allow for a quicker understanding of the customs and culture at Riverside, but is not necessary - there is a balance of veteran, reserve, and civilian teachers among our faculty.

More information about working at Riverside and the links to our application forms can be found at: https://www.riversidemilitary.com/page/about/career-opportunities.

Sincerely,

Mr. Andrew M. Pedry, M.A.

Social Studies Department

2017-18 Classes: World Studies; US History; Leadership, Manhood, and Valor

Olympic and Historical Fencing Team Coach

Airsoft Team Coach

Model UN Team Advisor

Riverside Military Academy

770-532-6251 (Ext 2227)