To second Robert's point, if the goal is simply to *use* MASON, then I
don't foresee any complication with having students download the MASON jar
and use it as a pre-compiled external library with whatever IDE you/they
prefer.

This approach would only cause problems for people who prefer to create
their models right inside the "apps/" directory of the MASON source
treeā€”but that always struck me as a strange practice anyway (since it means
that every client application becomes an extension of MASON itself).  The
tutorial in the MASON manual only requires that MASON can be found in your
classpath.

Siggy

--

Ph.D student in Computer Science, George Mason University
Web Director, Journal of Mason Graduate Research