From: Digital Collective [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, January 11, 2018 11:17 AM
Subject: Join us for D.igital C.ollective for the Humanities Feb. 18!

Are you eager to pick up more digital humanities skills, or looking for a reason to chat more with others who interested in the same digital projects as you? Consider joining the D.igital C.ollective for the Humanities club! No prior skills necessary.

D.C. for the Humanities will host bi-monthly meetings focused on gaining skills; think book club/tech class hybrid. We will focus on open source tools (i.e. not based on any software you would have to purchase). Attendance is open to all! Graduate students in the humanities are especially encouraged to join.

Meetings held every other month are FREE, the only cost to you is the book (book sharing encouraged). We aim to arrange Skype conversations with the authors and/or in-person Q&As with local experts who have demonstrated experience using the skill.

To join and receive more information and to continue receiving updates, please fill out this form.

Details on the first meeting:

Sunday, February 18, 4-6 p.m.: Drupal for Humanists

Arlington Central Library, 2nd Floor Meeting Room (social hour following)

Easily accessible via ~10 min walk from either the Virginia Square/GMU or Ballston Metro stations.

Reading: Drupal for Humanists by Quinn Dombrowski.

If you would like details about a discounted book offer for the first meeting, please contact me by January 11th.

At this early stage, I'm also looking for a co-organizer for future meetings, if any graduate students are interested!

For more information or to get involved, please email me at [log in to unmask]

Best,

Rachel

--

Rachel Lee