From: Kathryn E Agoston
Sent: Friday, December 15, 2017 11:27 AM
To: Denise Albanese; Alison Landsberg; Sam Lebovic
Subject: Postdoc Fellowship at the Smithsonian for PhD in Cultural Studies or History, Apply by Jan 15 - Please Share

2018 James Smithson Fellowship Applications Now Being Accepted

The Smithsonian Office of Fellowships and Internships (OFI) is currently accepting applications for the 2018 James Smithson Fellowship Program.

Named after our founder and funded through the generosity of past Smithsonian National Board Chair Paul Neely, this premier fellowship offers post-doctoral scholars in the fields of science, the humanities and the arts an opportunity to examine the interplay between research and public policy/discourse in our nation's capital.

This program combines the best of the Smithsonian's vast scholarship and collections with its unparalleled access to leading thought leaders and policy-makers. Fellowships last one year and include a stipend of $53,000.

The theme for the 2018 James Smithson Fellowship program is History, Memory, Authenticity

Application deadline for the 2018 cycle is Monday 1/15/18.

To learn more about this amazing opportunity please go here.

--

Kay Ágoston, PhD

Director of Graduate Fellowships

George Mason University