Subject: Position Open at President Lincoln's Cottage

We have a position open at President Lincoln’s Cottage. We are in need of a new Museum Program Associate (MPA). The MPA serves as an informed and friendly ambassador for President Lincoln’s Cottage, providing general visitor services including admissions, membership and retail sales, leading tours, workshops, and school programs, and assisting with events and projects as needed. This is a great job for a current student or recent graduate. The description is attached. Applications are due by January 8, 2018.

We are looking for candidates that will help our team live out our mission. Our progressive work and culture create a welcoming place for a diverse staff. Of our almost 20 staff members (yes, we are small, but mighty), we boast a diverse staff in many different ways, including, race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, and political affiliation. We are a strong staff because President Lincoln’s Cottage fosters a sense of community, commitment, and passion. This diversity is important to the work that we do because the positive dynamics of difference fuel our creativity and positively impact our work and our partnerships.

As the organization grows and evolves, we use our values to guide our actions so that we do our best work. These values create an environment that is motivating and offers opportunities for success, learning, and growth for both the organization and individual staff.

Also, President Lincoln’s Cottage won wo Washingtonian Magazine’s 50 “Great Places to Work!”

Please share this posting with the your students and network.

Best,

Michelle Martz
Visitor Services Associate Manager
PRESIDENT LINCOLN'S COTTAGE

A Site of the National Trust for Historic Preservation

AFRH-W 558 | 3700 North Capitol Street NW | Washington DC 20011-8400
P: 202-688-3735 | F: 202.829.0437 |  E: [log in to unmask] | Visit us at www.lincolncottage.org| Friend us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter | Like us on Instagram | Connect with us on LinkedIn |

AFRH-W 558 | 3700 North Capitol Street NW | Washington DC 20011-8400