Using the latest code from git seems to work like a charm now, Sean.

Though I do note that users can't build ECJ without adding the EJML jars to their CLASSPATH (since the 'all' target in the Makefile builds the CMA-ES prototype by default).

On Thu, May 4, 2017 at 6:46 PM, Sean Luke <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
On May 4, 2017, at 7:27 PM, Eric 'Siggy' Scott <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> But I get an NPE indicated that it fails to load the GUI resources (i.e. icons) properly.  Maybe the Jar build of the GUI console is broken?

Turns out there were *four* bugs preventing the GUI from launching:

        - Makefile: make jar didn't first make gui
        - Makefile: make gui wasn't adding the png images to the jar file
        - ec.display.Console: had incorrect paths for the png resources
        - ec.display.SubpopulationPanel: had a semicolon on an if-test (oops) which prevented pop.default-subpop from being properly tested for

I've committed a new version with bugfixes.  See if this works.

It's clear the GUI is experiencing bit-rot from lack of use.

Ph.D student in Computer Science, George Mason University
CFO and Web Director, Journal of Mason Graduate Research
http://mason.gmu.edu/~escott8/