On May 4, 2017, at 7:27 PM, Eric 'Siggy' Scott <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> But I get an NPE indicated that it fails to load the GUI resources (i.e. icons) properly.  Maybe the Jar build of the GUI console is broken?

Turns out there were *four* bugs preventing the GUI from launching:

	- Makefile: make jar didn't first make gui
	- Makefile: make gui wasn't adding the png images to the jar file
	- ec.display.Console: had incorrect paths for the png resources
	- ec.display.SubpopulationPanel: had a semicolon on an if-test (oops) which prevented pop.default-subpop from being properly tested for

I've committed a new version with bugfixes.  See if this works.

It's clear the GUI is experiencing bit-rot from lack of use.

Sean