Hi.

At this point I'll be happy just to run make and not see errors. Please
bear with me.

I see JAR files here.  The jar command apparently works much like tar.
I see a directory structure like a tar list function.  The javac command
has a -sourcefile option.  The man page says this can be used to allow
the accessing of JAR file content, like CLASSPATH but it will do JAR
files as well.

If true then I need to point -sourcefile at the libraries directory
where the jar files reside?  Yes?

-sourcefile ~/ecj-base/libraries/*.jar

in my case?

Only experience I have with Java is as a SysAdmin having to maintain
five or six old versions of JDK around.  grumble

--

Chris Johnson 	[log in to unmask]
Ex SysAdmin, now, writer 	/Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of