Hi Everyone,

I apologize, because I meant to note this in my prior email because we have so many new faculty this year.

Faculty who have been here awhile know this, but this is just a reminder for the new people of the 33% rule.
Faculty can only be paid up to three months of summer pay from any source.  That means if you are teaching
during the summer that goes towards the 33%.  We don't know this is happening sometimes because it may
be another Unit processing a summer payment for you (i.e., OSCAR Office).  The Provost Office looks at this
carefully and notifies us if someone is over the 33%.  During the summer this can be painful because it requires
paying back the overage.

I just wanted to pass this along.

Thank you,

Terri

Terri Mancini, MPA
Director, Sponsored Research Administration
Volgenau School of Engineering
George Mason University
4400 University Boulevard, MS 4A3
Fairfax, VA  22030