Greetings and Salutations DAEN Society!!

 I hope this email finds everyone well. Firstly, the Society of Data Analytics Engineers would like to thank and congratulate all who were nominated for positions of leadership for the upcoming academic year. We are honored to have had such a great turn out and general interest in the growth and prosperity of our burgeoning society. We truly believe that the Mason community is well-positioned to make an indelible impact in the near future, with regard to Data Analytics Engineering initiatives and civic outreach endeavors.

 The period for formal nominations has now closed. The Election cycle will commence tomorrow Friday, April 14 at 12:00 a.m., and close on Saturday, April 15 at 11:45 p.m.

VOTING PROCEDURE

  •  All GMU DAEN students and alumni are eligible to vote.
  •  In order to vote, you will need to be validated as an enrolled student or alumni of the MSc., Data Analytics Engineering program at GMU.
  •  We have sent voting credentials to the Mason student (masonlive.gmu.edu) email accounts that we currently have on record.
  • After your ballots have been casted, the Election Runner platform will send each voter a confirmatory email consisting of your voting results.

***If you've not received an eMail with your voting credentials, or are having issues voting with the provided Voter ID and Key, please email: [log in to unmask] as soon as possible.***

  •           Election Results will be sent out via e-mail on 4/17/17

Below please find the list of 2017-2018 nominee's, their respective position of interest, as well as a short bio describing their current focus and background:

Candidates For President

Alonso Thelem:  Alonso currently serves as the Vice President of DAEN Society and will be graduating in the spring of 2018 with an M.S. in Data Analytics Engineering. Alonso currently works as a Financial Analyst at the Defense Health Agency and plans to pursue a career as a Data Scientist. His area of interest is in IoT technologies, with a particular focus in precision agriculture. He has a personal interest in Space exploration, and loves boxing.

Anya Mityushina:  Anya currently serves as the Secretary of DAEN Society and will be graduating in the spring of 2018 with an M.S. in Data Analytics Engineering. Anya recently accepted a position as a Data Scientist in a financial industry. Prior to this, she was a Data Analyst in a non-profit sector. Her current interests are in predictive analytics, space exploration, and IoT. If elected, Anya will focus on advancing the mission in Diversity and Inclusion initiatives and member engagement.

Sai Sharan Bonala: Sai is a Data Analytics graduate student at Mason. Sai has been a part of multiple student organizations in the past and understands what it takes to become a successful team. Say is very excited to be a part of DAEN society and to work with all.

Hilton Nunez: As president, I envision applying my efforts and experience in transforming myself as a data analytics engineer, entrepreneur, and data analytics leader to continue to drive progress and continuous improvement to the George Mason Data Analytics Engineering program.  My military leadership, federal budget, congressional, and industry engagement experience combined with degrees in business management and public administration as well as, the knowledge, skills and experience already gained through the DAEN program will enable me to successfully complete my transformation and subsequently equip me to lead this change.

Arun Reddy Bollam: I’ll make sure all the issues faced by students are brought to the fore, because I myself have faced similar issues and have a working plan to solve most of them.

Candidates For Vice President

     Anya Mityushina:  Anya currently serves as the Secretary of DAEN Society and will be graduating in the spring of 2018 with an M.S. in Data Analytics Engineering. Anya recently accepted a position as a Data Scientist in a financial industry. Prior to this, she was a Data Analyst in a non-profit sector. Her current interests are in predictive analytics, space exploration, and IoT.

    Sai Sharan Bonala: Sai a Data Analytics graduate student at Mason. Sai has been a part of multiple student organizations in the past and understands what it takes to become a successful team. Say is very excited to be a part of DAEN society and to work with all.

     Imran Muhammad:  Information Technology graduate pursuing Master of Data Analytics Engineering at George Mason University as an international student since Fall 2015. Imran is passionate about harnessing collaborative talent and skills in data analytics engineering domain for the betterment of humankind. He is a Graduate Research Assistant for The Center of Excellence in Command, Control, Communications, Computing, Intelligence and Cyber (C4I & Cyber Center) at GMU, for a year. Currently, he is also working as a Visiting Researcher at Argonne National Laboratory.

      Bob Kraig: Robert Kraig is a physicist turned data scientist. He sees data exploitation as the 21st century's most significant technological challenge and opportunity, and he would like to help GMU position itself as an academic leader in the field. In Fall 2016, he completed an eight-week fellowship at The Data Incubator, where he extended a GMU course project to create a real-time Capital Bike-share availability prediction app.

      Arun Reddy Bollam:  I’ll make sure all the issues faced by students are brought to the fore, because I myself have faced similar issues and have a working plan to solve most of them.

Candidates For Treasurer

     Sean Callahan: Sean Callahan is a Senior Consultant in the Deloitte Transactions and Business Analytics practice group of Deloitte Advisory. He has nearly four years of experience providing comprehensive litigation support, consulting, and eDiscovery project management services to Federal clients through a combination of legal and technology-based solutions. Mr. Callahan received his Undergraduate Degree from George Mason in May 2013, and he is currently in the process of obtaining his Master’s Degree in Data Analytics Engineering with a Concentration in Applied Analytics. He is also a licensed Private Investigator in the State of Virginia.

     Arun Reddy Bollam:  I’ll make sure all the issues faced by students are brought to the fore, because I myself have faced similar issues and have a working plan to solve most of them.

Candidates For Secretary

      Sai Sharan Bonala: Sai a Data Analytics graduate student at Mason. Sai has been a part of multiple student organizations in the past and understands what it takes to become a successful team. Say is very excited to be a part of DAEN society and to work with all.

     Kyle Jackson:  Kyle will be graduating May 2018 with an MS in DAEN and a focus in data mining. He works as a GRA in the Data Mining Lab in the CS department and his research interest is in IoT.

    Arun Reddy Bollam:  I’ll make sure all the issues faced by students are brought to the fore, because I myself have faced similar issues and have a working plan to solve most of them.

Should you have any questions or concerns, do not hesitate to contact me at [log in to unmask]

Thank you, Good luck to all of our Candidates, and Happy Election Season!

Warm Regards,

Alonso A. Thelem

Vice President

Society of Data Analytic Engineers