Dear Colleagues,

Attached please find the flyer for our February event. The overarching theme of the semester is Difference, Inclusion, & Justice and we begin by exploring how to think and talk about what may appear to be different realities, politically, socially, economically, demographically, and so on. Emily Vraga from the Communications Department will be our panelist and we have two short video clips to demonstrate how meanings of events and perceptions of reality are constructed and hence can differ. Table discussions will allow attendees to place themselves within this ongoing dilemma and to, as is always the hope of the D&D Project, begin to understand themselves and others in ways that will allow for meaningful discussions across seemingly unbreachable divides.

We have a facilitation training session from 6:45 to 7:15 for anyone who wants to gain skills that can be useful in class, in the workplace, and that can also be added to resumes.

Please distribute this flyer and the information as you think appropriate. In addition, if you have any ideas for how to engage with inclusion and justice in the second and third dialogues (3/22 and 4/11) please let me know. We welcome collaborations!

https://www.facebook.com/DialogueAndDifferenceProject

Patricia A. Maulden, PhD
Associate Professor of Conflict Resolution
Director, Dialogue & Difference Project
School for Conflict Analysis and Resolution
George Mason University
Fairfax, Virginia

@PatriciaMaulden
@DAandDProject