Good Afternoon,

Below please see the upcoming training schedule from the Office of Compliance, Diversity and Ethics (CDE). Please note that the required Sexual Harassment Prevention training has been renamed Title IX Overview and Sexual Harassment Prevention.

Thank you!

All the best,

Ana Lopez

Assistant to the Dean and Office Manager
Nguyen
Engineering Building, Suite 5100
4400 University Drive, MS 4A3
Fairfax, VA 22030
703-993-1497 Phone

To:  President Council Administrators:

Thank you all, in advance, for your continued support. Below you will find Compliance, Diversity and Ethics (CDE) Office’s Winter / Spring / Summer 2017 training schedule. Please forward this information to your Department Faculty, Staff and Administrative Faculty.  All of our training sessions will be held on the Fairfax Campus, unless otherwise noted.  Based on customer feedback, we have created a new class, Equal Opportunity: A Fair Shake, and renamed the required Sexual Harassment Prevention training to Title IX Overview and Sexual Harassment Prevention.

Also, to keep you in the loop, the on-line Sexual Harassment Prevention training site is currently unavailable as we switch vendors to a new platform which will expand and enhance our training capabilities.  We will let you know when the new on-line training becomes available.

For your convenience, I have also attached a copy of the schedule which can be displayed on your announcement board.  Please keep in mind that, for Faculty who are up for promotion and tenure, it is a Board of Visitors’ requirement that they attend an "in person" training session within two years of the date they turn in their portfolio to the Provost's Office.  To review the Sexual Harassment Prevention and Equal Opportunity Training Policy or to register for our training sessions go to https://diversity.gmu.edu/training-schedule .

WINTER 2017

January 20 (Fri) Title IX Overview (TIX Overview) and Sexual Harassment Prevention (SH Prevention) from 2:00-3:00 pm in Johnson Center, Gold Room

January 26 (Thurs) Equal Opportunity: A Fair Shake from 11:00 am–12:00 pm in Merten Hall, Room 1202

January 31 (Tues) TIX Overview and SH Prevention from 1:00–2:00 pm in Merten Hall, Room 1202

February 16 (Thurs) TIX Overview and SH Prevention from 11:00 am–12:00 pm in Johnson Center, Room G

February 20 (Mon) Equal Opportunity: A Fair Shake from 2:30–3:30 pm in Merten Hall, Room 1202

February 22 (Wed) TIX Overview & SH Prevention from 1:00 –2:00 pm in Founders Hall, Rm 716–ARL Campus

SPRING 2017

March 1 (Tues) Ethics Training from 3:00–4:00 pm in Johnson Center, Room A

March 8 (Wed) Equal Opportunity: A Fair Shake from 1:00–2:00 pm in Johnson Center, Room C

March 13 (Mon) TIX Overview and SH Prevention from 1:00–2:00 pm in Research Hall, Room 163

March 15 (Thurs) TIX Overview and SH Prevention from 11:00 am – 12:00 pm in Colgan Hall, Room 110H – SciTech Campus

March 23 (Thurs) Diversity and Cultural Awareness from 11:00 am –12:00 pm in Founders Hall, Room 716 – ARL Campus

April 5 (Wed) TIX Overview and SH Prevention from 10:00-11:00 am in Johnson Center, Room A

April 13 (Thurs) Diversity and Cultural Awareness from 10:00–11:00 am in Johnson Center, Gold Room

April 25 (Tues) TIX Overview and SH Prevention from 2:00-3:00 pm in Merten Hall, Room 1203

April 27 (Wed) Equal Opportunity: A Fair Shake from 10:00–11:00 am in Johnson Center, Room A

May 3 (Wed) TIX Overview and SH Prevention from 10:00-11:00 am in Johnson Center, Room A

May 8 (Mon) Equal Opportunity: A Fair Shake from 11:00 am –12:00 pm in Research Hall, Room 163

May 10 (Wed) Ethics Training from 1:00–2:00 pm in Johnson Center, Room C

May 18 (Thurs) TIX Overview and SH Prevention from 11:00 am-12:00 pm in Johnson Center, Room G

May 24 (Wed) Diversity and Cultural Awareness from 11:00 am –12:00 pm in Colgan Hall, Room 110H – SciTech Campus

SUMMER 2017

June 12 (Thurs) TIX Overview and SH Prevention from 1:00-2:00 pm in Merten Hall, Room 1202

June 22 (Thurs) Ethics Training from 1:00–2:00 pm in Merten Hall, Room 1202

July 13 (Thurs) TIX Overview and SH Prevention from 11:00 am-12:00 pm in Merten Hall, Room 1202

August -- This month only all TIX Overview and SH Prevention sessions are scheduled by request only due to the high volume.

We continue to offer custom training programs for individual departments, offices and centers.  Our training portfolio includes American Disabilities Act and Employment, Bias Reduction, Cultural Competencies, Diversity and Cultural Awareness, Equal Opportunity: A Fair Shake and Title IX Overview and Sexual Harassment Prevention.  If you would like to schedule a customized training session, please contact CDE directly at 993-8730.

Best regards,

F. Erick Mitchell
Associate Director and Chief Investigator

Compliance, Diversity and Ethics