I see no reason why you couldn't have CollectionProperties handle Proxiable.  You're right though, it's an obscure case which doesn't make much sense in Java but it might make sense in an external language.  Because this is a rare case I need to think about how to implement it, though I don't think it'd be particularly difficult.

Another option would be to do a dynamic proxy (java.util.Propertied).  I did that in the Scheme example and it works very nicely.

Sean