Eric,

I was able to get access to problem information by adding those sentence in my code in the reset function (not setup), but I'm getting null pointer exception when trying to retrieve the Species object.

Enzo,

Were you able to solve your problem?  Or could you still use assistance?

The usual way to access information in another class when initializing an object in ECJ is to use the global EvolutionState object to walk through the program's state and find what you want.

So, in the 'setup()' method of your BusProblemLine class, you would retrieve the Species object with something like this:

final GeneVectorSpecies species = (GeneVectorSpecies) state.population.subpops[0].species;