Dear Study Abroad Students,

I am currently undertaking a small-scale research project for my doctoral program at George Mason University. The title of the research project is “Understanding Undergraduate Students’ Goals and Self-Efficacy Beliefs in Study Abroad: A Mixed Method Approach.” I hope to learn about college students’ perceived self-efficacy before and after they have studied abroad.

You can access the electronic survey online at the link included below. The survey will take approximately 10-20 minutes to complete. The survey questions will include topics related to your previous travel experience, study abroad program, goals for your study abroad program, and general sense self-efficacy.

If you complete both this pre-departure survey and a re-entry survey that will be sent in December 2016 and January 2017, you will have the chance to enter a drawing to win two $150 cash awards!

Link to Survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/SESAPreDeparture

Before you complete the survey I can confirm that:

We will be happy to answer any questions you have about the study. You may contact me at

at [log in to unmask] or Dr. Anastasia Kitsantas, the faculty advisor for this project, at [log in to unmask] for questions or to report a research-related problem.

Thank you for your consideration!

Sincerely,

Lily Lopez-McGee

Doctoral Student, George Mason University

206-235-9244