Dear Study Abroad Students,

I am currently undertaking a small-scale research project for my doctoral program at George Mason University. The title of the research project is “Understanding Undergraduate Students’ Goals and Self-Efficacy Beliefs in Study Abroad: A Mixed Method Approach.” I hope to learn about college students’ perceived self-efficacy before and after they have studied abroad.

You can access the electronic survey online at the link included below. The survey will take approximately 10-20 minutes to complete. The survey questions will include topics related to your previous travel experience, study abroad program, goals for your study abroad program, and general sense self-efficacy.

If you complete both this pre-departure survey and a re-entry survey that will be sent in December 2016 and January 2017, you will have the chance to enter a drawing to win two $150 cash awards!

Link to Survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/SESAPreDeparture

Before you complete the survey I can confirm that:

  *   Participation in this study is completely voluntary.

  *   Your confidentiality will be maintained at all times and no comments will be ascribed to you by name in any written document or verbal presentation. Nor will any data be used from the survey that might identify you to a third party.

  *   You will be free to withdraw from the research at anytime and/or request that your questionnaire not be used.

  *   I will write to you on completion of the research and a copy of my final research report will be made available to you upon request.
We will be happy to answer any questions you have about the study. You may contact me at
at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> or Dr. Anastasia Kitsantas, the faculty advisor for this project, at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> for questions or to report a research-related problem.

Thank you for your consideration!

Sincerely,

Lily Lopez-McGee
Doctoral Student, George Mason University
206-235-9244<tel:206-235-9244>