No images? View Online

[log in to unmask]" alt="http://studyabroad.gmu.edu/email/patriot-traveler-fa16.jpg">

September 20, 2016

[log in to unmask]" alt="acebook"> [log in to unmask]" alt="witter"> [log in to unmask]" alt="hatsApp"> [log in to unmask]" alt="interest"> [log in to unmask]" alt="interest"> [log in to unmask]" alt="ddthis">

Alums in the News

Career Opportunities After Graduation

[log in to unmask]" alt="eyem #StudyAbroadBecause">

via Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs

Weyem Kobrosly, a former office interns and study abroad alumna, has recently been featured on the State Department’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs’ YouTube channel, explaining how study abroad impacted her and helped her find a job. She is a Benjamin Gilman scholarship recipient and studied abroad as an exchange student at Yonsei University.

Links and Resources

#IamMasonAbroad

[log in to unmask]" alt="http://studyabroad.gmu.edu/email/fa16/campaigns/fa16-lessons-from-abroad/share-record-inspire.jpg">

Have you trekked through rocky mountain trails? Swam amongst creatures of the deep and colors of the coral reefs? Or stood amongst the world's towering masterpieces that have stood the test of time?

Mason Study Abroad wants to hear about your experience. We encourage you to reflect on your time on one of our study abroad programs and share your story.

Share. Record. Inspire.

Stories Behind the Stamp is a collection of study abroad profiles compiling student's favorite tales of their time overseas.

Sign up

[log in to unmask]" alt="http://studyabroad.gmu.edu/email/learn-more.jpg">

Meet our New Peer Advisors

Ashley Chapman, Communications (Public Relations)

[log in to unmask]" alt="shley Chapman">

Hello! I am Ashley and I am a junior pursuing a degree in communications with a concentration in public relations and double minoring in journalism and photography. This past summer, I was blessed with the opportunity to experience the trip of a lifetime by studying abroad in Milan, Italy on the Italian Media, Society, and Culture program that is directed under the wonderful academic guidance of Dr. Wright. Throughout my time in Italy, I was able to gain skills through a variety of experiences that allowed me to develop my sense of identity by challenging myself and growing personally and academically as a result. I am excited to share my passion for study abroad with students and help guide other students in planning their own study abroad adventures.

Ashley's Advising Hours

Fri 9am-12pm, Mason Study Abroad, JC 235
Wed 9:30-10:30am, Communication, Robinson B 365

[log in to unmask]" alt="http://studyabroad.gmu.edu/email/fa16/campaigns/fa16-lessons-from-abroad/lessons-from-abroad-dc-fall-2016.jpg">

Lessons from Abroad Conference

We know you are excited and brimming with stories of your experiences abroad and insights into your host country’s culture. Are you looking for a captive audience with whom to share those experiences, or are you seeking new ways to study, travel, or work abroad again?

If so, then we invite you to attend the Lessons From Abroad Greater DC Area Returnee Conference on Saturday October 1st, 2016, at [log in to unmask],-77.021122,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x4f22e9fcbd8c324d!8m2!3d38.914311!4d-77.021122">The Event Space at 641 S Street NW in Shaw.

This is a great opportunity to network with other local and international students and professionals. As such, we ask that you dress business casual and bring several copies of your resume. We hope to see you there!

Conference Highlights

  • Meeting other recent study abroad returnees from all over the DC area
  • Hearing from dynamic and motivating presenters and panelists
  • Learn the insider knowledge on how to talk about your global skills in a job interview - the right buzzwords in the right order
  • Meet representatives from both overseas graduate programs and international programs right here in DC
  • Meeting and networking with professionals from the Peace Corps,
  • Department of State, Capitol Hill, Fulbright, NGOs, employers, and more
  • Having your resume personally reviewed by career professionals with international work experience

Visit http://www.lessonsfromabroad.org/greater-dc-area/ for more information.

[log in to unmask]" alt="http://studyabroad.gmu.edu/email/learn-more.jpg">

International Student Travel
Video Contest

Final Submission Deadline: October 14, 2016

[log in to unmask]" alt="http://studyabroad.gmu.edu/email/fa16/fa16-patriot-traveler-09-20/international-student-travel-video-contest-2016.jpg">

Upcoming Events

Study Abroad Socials
September 20, 4pm-6pm
Johnson Center, Mtg Room B

September 21, 4pm-6pm
Johnson Center, Mtg Room F

More information
Events Calendar

International Cafe on September 28, 2016, 12pm-2pm

[log in to unmask]" alt="http://studyabroad.gmu.edu/email/fa16/fa16-patriot-traveler-09-20/icafe-sep-28.jpg">

[log in to unmask]" alt="http://studyabroad.gmu.edu/email/events-calendar.jpg">

[log in to unmask]" alt="http://studyabroad.gmu.edu/email/fa16/font-awesome/calendar-o.png">

[log in to unmask]" alt="http://studyabroad.gmu.edu/email/fa16/font-awesome/download.png">

[log in to unmask]" alt="http://studyabroad.gmu.edu/email/fa16/font-awesome/question-circle.png">

[log in to unmask]" alt="http://studyabroad.gmu.edu/email/fa16/font-awesome/sign-in.png">

[log in to unmask]" alt="http://studyabroad.gmu.edu/email/fa16/font-awesome/money.png">

[log in to unmask]" alt="http://studyabroad.gmu.edu/email/fa16/font-awesome/search.png">

Make an
Appointment

Download
Transfer Petition

First
Steps

Sign in to
MasonAbroad

Cost and
Funding

Programs

You receive this message because you are subscribed to Mason Study Abroad newsletter 'The Patriot Traveler.' If you no longer wish to receive this newsletter, please unsubscribe below.

[log in to unmask]" alt="http://studyabroad.gmu.edu/email/footer.jpg">

Unsubscribe

Facebook

Twitter