If you are a Master's or Doctoral student here at George Mason University, and you will be writing a thesis or dissertation as part of your degree requirements, then you will be working with University Dissertation & Thesis Services (UDTS) at some point.

We exist to help graduate students prepare, format, complete, and submit their theses and dissertations correctly and on time. We are here to help you, and we look forward to working with you.

If you are planning to graduate in the Fall 2016 semester, please be aware of the following extremely important deadlines:

Format Review Deadline: In order to be eligible to graduate within this semester, you must have received an email from our office by 9:00 a.m. on Monday, December 5, stating that your document's formatting is in good shape, and your Format Review is over.

Final Submission Deadline: In order to graduate within the Fall 2016 semester, you must turn in the final copy of your thesis or dissertation and all necessary paperwork to the UDTS office by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, December 9. If our office has not received the final copy of your document and all paperwork by 5:00 p.m. on 12/9, then you will not graduate in this semester. By "final copy," we mean the following:

Whether you are graduating in this semester or three years from now, it's never too early to look into the ways we can help you.

We have a variety of resources and tools designed to make navigating the process, formatting your thesis or dissertation, and turning in your final document easier and less stressful.

The UDTS office is located on the Fairfax Campus, in 2005 Fenwick Library. We are generally in this office Monday - Friday, from 9:00 a.m. through 5:00 p.m. To make an appointment to meet with us in the Fairfax office, please visit our Scheduler. There, you can view our available appointments and set up a time to meet.

We also hold monthly hours on the Arlington and Science & Technology Campuses.

We will be on the Arlington Campus, in room 349 in the Library in Founders Hall, on the following dates this semester:

September 13

October 11

November 8

December 13

We will be on the Science & Technology Campus, at the Consultation Corner at the Circulation Desk in Mercer Library, on the following dates this semester:

September 20

October 18

November 22

December 20

To meet with us on either or both of these campuses on the days listed above, please visit the University Libraries CalendarThere, please register for a time that works best for you.

We also offer workshops on both the Process you must complete and on our Interactive Template. To sign up for any of our workshops, please visit the University Libraries Calendar. There, choose "Workshops" under "Category" and register for the UDTS sessions that work best for you.

If you have any questions or need any further information, please contact us via email ([log in to unmask]) or phone (703-993-2222).

We hope you have a productive and successful Fall 2016 semester, and we look forward to working with you.

Thank you,

Sally

Sally Evans

Coordinator

University Dissertation & Thesis Services

George Mason University

2005 Fenwick Library

Web: http://library.gmu.edu/udts

Email: [log in to unmask]