A note from Nicole: I will be happy to sign this for for you all, but I will be out of the office Monday, August 8, and Tuesday, August 9. Iím in the office tomorrow (Friday, August 5) to sign as well! NR

Dear Graduate Students,

The University Libraries has a limited number of spaces for graduate students that need space to do their research and writing. The spaces are for George Mason University graduate students, who need dedicated quiet space for thesis and dissertation work on the Fairfax or Arlington campuses, may apply for exclusive use of the Dissertation Writers Rooms (DWR), or the Graduate Student Research Zone Carrels.

Only graduate students who are in good standing with the University and University Libraries are eligible. Space in the DWRs is limited to doctoral students who have passed comprehensive exams. A section of the form must be completed and signed by the studentís department to verify eligibility.

DWR Spaces are assigned on a first-come, first-served basis until filled each term. Carrels assignments will be determined by a drawing during the early part of each academic term. Submit the form at the Information Desk of the requested library.

The information about the spaces and the respective forms are found here. http://library.gmu.edu/for/students/dwr

Please let me know if you have questions or concerns.


George D. Oberle III
History Librarian, Research Services
4400 University Drive MS 2FL
Fenwick Library 2211
Fairfax, VA 22030
[log in to unmask]