I've wondered about someone building a web-based front end for some of ECJs capabilities.  It could let you assemble some simplified pipeline of tools, using some intuitive visual metaphor to get users up and running without requiring any programming or editing of configuration files.  Something like that might significantly increase the reach of ECJ by making it more accessible.  Would be nice to be able to upload or paste a file of input data, set up some fitness function somehow, and unleash the pipeline on it via the web interface.  A visual interface for the pipeline would make it simpler to play around with settings and selections of algorithms.