I've wondered about someone building a web-based front end for some of ECJs
capabilities.  It could let you assemble some simplified pipeline of tools,
using some intuitive visual metaphor to get users up and running without
requiring any programming or editing of configuration files.  Something
like that might significantly increase the reach of ECJ by making it more
accessible.  Would be nice to be able to upload or paste a file of input
data, set up some fitness function somehow, and unleash the pipeline on it
via the web interface.  A visual interface for the pipeline would make it
simpler to play around with settings and selections of algorithms.