On behalf of Dr. Erin Shortlidge, Portland State University (Oregon):

Hello,
I am a biology education researcher at Portland State University, and my lab is interested in hearing from graduate students in the life sciences regarding their experiences in graduate school.  We aim to gain broad representation of students from a diversity of institutions through responses to our GraduateStudentSurvey<http://survey.az1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_cCvHK72PAMiQTLD>.
Biology education researchers at Portland State University are​ interested in understanding the experiences of life science graduate students, ​and we are looking for volunteers.  Your perspective as a graduate student can be heard by agreeing to participate in a short, anonymous​ survey which should take no longer than ~15 minutes of your time, and can be accessed via the GraduateStudentSurvey<http://survey.az1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_cCvHK72PAMiQTLD> link.
If you agree to participate, your identity and responses will be kept completely confidential.
​If you have questions regarding your rights as a research participant, you may call the PSU Office for Research Integrity at (503) 725-2227<tel:%28503%29%20725-2227> or 1(877) 480-4400<tel:1%28877%29%20480-4400>. The ORI is the office that supports the PSU Institutional Review Board (IRB). The IRB is a group of people from PSU and the community who provide independent oversight of safety and ethical issues related to research involving human participants. For more information, you may also access the IRB website at https://sites.google.com/a/pdx.edu/research/integrity.You may contact the Principal Investigator of the study, Dr. Erin Shortlidge ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>) with related questions.

We appreciate your willingness to participate, without your help this study will not be possible!

Best Regards,
Erin Shortlidge, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Biology, Department of Biology
HHMI Biology Education Fellow
Portland State University
Portland, OR 97201

http://www.pdx.edu/biology-education-research/

http://psuvanguard.com/biology-research-lab-approaches-new-learning-methods-in-the-sciences/

Twitter
​:  BER Lab PDX​
 @ber_pdx<https://twitter.com/?lang=en>

Office:  503-725-9305<tel:503-725-9305> | SB1 522b
Lab:  503-725-9304<tel:503-725-9304> | SB1 522