Is there a way to tell if my simulation is currently running? Specifically, I want to know if it's between start() and finish(). It is trivial to create and maintain my own flag, but this seems like functionality that would already exist.

At first I thought I could tell based on schedule.getTime() or schedule.getSteps(), but they don't change when start is called. The closest thing I've found is schedule.isSealed() but it's initialized to false before start() has ever been called. After starting it once, it seems to behave like what I'm looking for.

To give you a brief idea of what I'm doing, I want to schedule something when a certain value is changed in the GUI, but only if the simulation is currently running. Otherwise, it will get scheduled when start() is called.

Thanks,
Joey