On Mon, May 9, 2016 at 2:35 AM, Luí­s de Sousa <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Thank you for the reply Przemyslaw.

I am not interested in distributed computing (at least at this stage), only in parallelisation. I will investigate SGE further, but it seems a bit of an overkill. I was thinking of something a bit more lightweight like OpenMP for C/C++.

You can also use java's built-in concurrency support.  At GMU we've used that to parallelize such things as concurrently initializing large data structures that yielded significant speedups for simulation starts.

Cheers,

Mark