Is there a way to tell if my simulation is currently running? Specifically,
I want to know if it's between start() and finish(). It is trivial to
create and maintain my own flag, but this seems like functionality that
would already exist.

At first I thought I could tell based on schedule.getTime() or
schedule.getSteps(), but they don't change when start is called. The
closest thing I've found is schedule.isSealed() but it's initialized to
false before start() has ever been called. After starting it once, it seems
to behave like what I'm looking for.

To give you a brief idea of what I'm doing, I want to schedule something
when a certain value is changed in the GUI, but only if the simulation is
currently running. Otherwise, it will get scheduled when start() is called.

Thanks,
Joey