I think there's an error in BarChartChartingPropertyInspector: it doesn't provide all the types so it won't appear that you can use the various ChartUtilities interfaces. To fix it, change its method to:

    public static Class[] types()
        {
        return new Class[]
            {
            new Object[0].getClass(), java.util.Collection.class,
            ChartUtilities.ProvidesDoublesAndLabels.class,
            ChartUtilities.ProvidesObjects.class,
            ChartUtilities.ProvidesCollection.class,
            };
        }

I'll do a commit.

Sean