Hopefully we can get an 'official' response on this, but it seems to be at the Air and Space Museum: http://airandspace.si.edu/events/detail.cfm?id=21306 .  As for where in the museum,

"Two special programs, featuring university robotics teams from around the country, will be held in the Moving Beyond Earth gallery at 11:00 am and 2:00 pm.  Day-long programs, including robotics demonstrations and challenges, will be held in the Space Race gallery from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm."

probably one of those? I'm not sure though.

Jake

From: GMU Robotics Club <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Allie E <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Wednesday, March 30, 2016 8:33 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Friday, DC and all it entails.

Yeah, I was wondering about which Smithsonian exactly. I assume we aren't going to the Smithsonian national zoo or the postal museum..

No threats detected. www.avast.com

On Tue, Mar 29, 2016 at 6:27 PM, Carl Bednar <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Hi!

So when last we met there was discussion about going into DC for an event at the Smithsonian. Then a thought popped into my head that the Smithsonian covers a non-trivial amount of real estate and that I should possibly get a narrower where and when. I'm probably going to make my own travel arrangements as I work downtown on Fridays and will likely just walk to work afterwards.

-Carl