No images? View Online

March 29, 2016

Facebook Twitter WhatsApp Pinterest Pinterest Addthis

Fall Semester Abroad Deadline

The deadline to open an application is April 1.

Are you thinking about what classes to take for the Fall Semester and wishing you were taking them instead in Spain, Australia or the United Kingdom? Well, it’s not too late! You still have time to apply for Fall 2016 semester study abroad programs and earn up to 16 credits.

Mason Study Abroad offers a variety of exchange and direct enrollmentprograms that are cost effective for in-state and out-of-state students and will allow you to transfer your credits.

For more information visit studyabroad.gmu.edu/semester

If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contac Kevin Zakorchemny, Study Abroad Program Officer, at [log in to unmask] or 703-993-2641.

TONIGHT: Film Screening

Tuesday, March 29
6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Research Hall 163

Food provided prior to screening
Panel discussion following film

At a time of world tensions, four American and four Moroccan students travel and live together, sharing experiences, encountering the 'other' and discovering themselves.

www.cb-films.org

  AASCU-Chinese Government Scholarship

Wonderful opportunity to study in China for a year at an institution of your choice! Knowledge of Chinese is not required, but preferred. This scholarship is offered by the Chinese Embassy in Washington, DC, and includes

  • Tuition and fees
  • Room and board
  • Health insurance
  • A conference allowance and a stipend.

The deadline to apply has been extended to Friday, April 1, 2016

More informationaascu.org/programs/internationaleducation/chinascholarship

Contact
Sufei Li
National Coordinator for AASCU-CCIEE CHEPD
Program Liaison Officer for CCIEE/CEAIE US Programs

Meet the Students of
Mason Study Abroad, Part 5

Many of our great student workers either studied abroad, lived abroad, were born abroad, or did all of the above. In the next few weeks, we will feature these great individuals in a new series ... the Students of Mason Study Abroad.

Kazumi Ashton-Hughes
Peer Advisor

Major: Economics

Hi! I’m Kazumi, a graduating senior in economics. Last summer, I interned at an economics consultancy in London, UK through the study abroad office. I applied knowledge from lectures to real-world situations and explored an amazing city, whilst becoming an independent person. As a high school student, I studied mathematics at the University of Cambridge. These experiences made me a better, more adventurous person.

I have also traveled to Japan, Scotland (UK), Germany, Vatican City, Italy, Netherlands, France, Denmark, and Canada. Please contact me if you want to talk or have questions and concerns.

Advising

Peer Advising

Peer Advising is available during the times listed below:

Mondays 3:00 PM – 5:00 PM Johnson Center, Room 235
Tuesdays 12:00 PM – 3:00 PM Johnson Center, Room 235
Wednesdays 10:00 PM – 1:00 PM Johnson Center, Room 235
Fridays 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM Johnson Center, Room 235

You receive this message because you are subscribed to Mason Study Abroad newsletter 'The Patriot Traveler.' If you no longer wish to receive this newsletter, please unsubscribe below.

Quick Links

Resources

Unsubscribe | Home | Facebook | Twitter | Flickr