Dear Professor. Osgood:
Thanks for informing the internship opportunity. I am really interesting to know more information about this internship and how to apply.
A brief introduction of my background.
I am Pin-Erh, Chen (G#: 00970069). I come from Taiwan, I can speak Mandarin and understand a little bit of Japanese. And my bachelor degree is in Industrial Engineering.
Have a wonderful day and keep warm.
Job Title: Intern, Security Operations Center
Date: Summer 2016
Department: Global Information Security and Privacy
Reporting to: Chris Kinnahan
Location: Metro Washington DC area
Sony Corporation of America, based in New York, NY, is the U.S. subsidiary of Sony Corporation, headquartered in Tokyo, Japan. Sony is a leading manufacturer of audio, video, communications, and information technology products for the consumer and professional markets. Its motion picture, television, computer entertainment, music and online businesses make Sony one of the most comprehensive entertainment and technology companies in the world.
Sony Corporation of America (SCA) is seeking a Summer Intern to assist the Security Operations Center team within the Global Information Security and Privacy organization with network security monitoring, intrusion detection and incident response activities. The Security Operations Center team is a pivotal part of Sony’s program to secure its information assets, services, and the products that depend on them, building trust with customers and stakeholders and protecting the privacy of Sony’s customers. This is a position for those interested in pursuing a career in cyber security, intrusion detection and incident response on a global scale.
· Participate in global network security monitoring and intrusion detection.
· Participate in enterprise-level incident triage, analysis, response, and remediation for computer network intrusions, web application and server attacks, and insider threats.
· Participate in countermeasures development and tuning activities.
· Participate in incident process documentation, metric reporting, and process automation.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR POSITION
· Working towards an undergraduate degree in computer science, cyber security, or computer engineering
· Previous experience through work or internship preferred
· Detail-oriented, quick learner, ability to multi-task
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Proficient in Microsoft Office programs
· Available at least 20 hrs/week
· Fluency in another language (particularly Japanese) a plus
POC: Anderson, Charles <[log in to unmask]>
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected ca
Bob Osgood (SSA FBI – Retired)
Director – Computer Forensics & Data Analytics
George Mason University