From: Kathryn E Agoston <[log in to unmask]>
Date: February 1, 2016 at 1:30:08 PM EST
To: Cynthia A Kierner <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: German Historical Institute Fellowships
German Historical Institute (GHI) - Doctoral & Postdoctoral FellowshipsDeadline(s): 4/1/2016
The GHI awards short-term fellowships to German and American doctoral students and postdoctoral scholars in the fields of German history, the history of German-American relations and the history of the role of Germany and the USA in international relations. The fellowships are usually granted for one to six months.
- Doctoral students as well as postdoctoral scholars in the fields of German history, the history of German-American relations and the history of the role of Germany and the USA in international relations.
- Preference for doctoral students and postdoctoral scholars who currently do not receive funding from their home institutions.
- Funding may not be used for preliminary research, manuscript composition or the revision of manuscripts.
- Clear priority will be given to those postdoc projects that are designed for the “second book”.
- The monthly stipend is € 1,700 for doctoral students and € 3,000 for postdoctoral scholars from European institutions.
- Students and scholars based at North American institutions will receive a stipend of $1,900 or $3,200 respectively.
- Fellowship recipients based in Germany will receive reimbursement for their round-trip airfare to the U.S.
German Historical Institute
Email: [log in to unmask]
Kathryn E. Ágoston, PhDDirector of Graduate FellowshipsOffice of the ProvostGeorge Mason University4400 University Drive, MS 3A2Fairfax, VA 22030Phone: 703-993-3131Email: [log in to unmask]Twitter: @GradFellowsGMU