From: Pieter Biersteker <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Friday, February 12, 2016 4:01 PM
To: Cynthia A Kierner
Cc: Christian Ostermann; James Person
Subject: 2016 Summer Institute on Conducting Archival Research - Opportunity for your Ph.D. Students

Dr. Kierner,

The Woodrow Wilson Center’s History and Public Policy Program and the George Washington University’s Cold War Group will jointly host the 2016 Summer Institute on Conducting Archival Research (SICAR).  SICAR is a multi-day seminar designed to present Ph.D. students with training in the area of archival research. During the workshop, participants will hear from world-class faculty, researchers, archivists, and publishers. We hope you might help spread word about this opportunity to Ph.D. candidates in the George Mason University History Department.

The 2016 workshop will be held during the week of May 23 at the Woodrow Wilson Center in downtown Washington, DC.

The deadline for applications is Sunday, February 28, 2016. Further information and application instructions can be found in the attached flyer or by visiting https://www.wilsoncenter.org/article/apply-for-the-2016-summer-institute-conducting-archival-research

www.wilsoncenter.org
The Summer Institute on Conducting Archival Research (SICAR) is a four-day seminar in which Ph.D. students receive training in conducting archival research from world ...

Please don’t hesitate to contact me with any questions about the Institute.

Sincerely,

Pieter Biersteker

Pieter Biersteker
Editorial Assistant