Please see the posting below. GWU is in need of an adjunct to teach DH in Spring 2016.

Cheers-
Nicole

From: "Cline, Diane" <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Date: Wednesday, December 16, 2015 at 1:44 PM
To: Stephen Robertson <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Cc: Katrin Schultheiss <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Subject: Digital Humanities adjunct wanted at GWU

Dear Colleagues,
I teach a class called Digital History every spring, and it has 23 registered undergraduate students, and now I can't teach it and we are looking for an adjunct. The course can be taught any way you like. I was using the Cohen and Rosenzweig text and moving from digitization and its disruptions, to using computational tools to analyze texts once digitized, and then how to digitally present one's findings using data visualizations and digital exhibits. It was buffet table style, so no large project but many small exercises. But again, the class can be designed from scratch. The class is scheduled for Mondays 3:30-6:00 and runs from January 11-early May (15 weeks). Would you know of anyone who might be interested, and if not, can you suggest someone? We are conveniently located at the Foggy Bottom metro stop. Advanced graduate students through emeritus professors would be welcome.
Inquiries may be made directly to our chair, Katrin Schultheiss, with a cc: to me.
Thank you,
Diane
Diane H. Cline, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
Department of History
George Washington University
801 22nd Street, NW, Suite 335
Washington, DC 20052

Director of the GW Cross-Disciplinary Collaboration Initiative
Office of the Vice Provost for Faculty Affairs

Phone: (240) 421-3226; (202) 994-5339
Fax: (202) 994-6231
[https://provost.gwu.edu/sites/provost.gwu.edu/files/image/Cross_Disciplinary_Collaboration/gw_iddol_cdc_2cs_pos_620.png] [cid:ii_151abe8292566d43]    [https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CRMtMxpUcAAZ4KG.jpg]